Below are research administration classes offered by Harvard University and other sources. Follow appropriate links for further information and to register.
This list is generated and maintained by the Office of Sponsored Programs. Visit the OSP website training section for more info. Trainings may also be accessed through the Harvard Training Portal.
Online 15 to 30-minute sessions:
- Intro to Sponsored Projects Administration
- Cost Principles and Direct Costs on Sponsored Awards
- Introduction to Cost Transfers
- Federal Travel Regulations Tutorial
- Travel and Reimbursement Overview
- Financial Oversight of Sponsored Funding: What Researchers Need to Know
- Role of the Purchaser, Preparer and Approver
- Ethics and Accountability (instructor-led)
- Concur for Approvers
Additional recommended training:
- Chart of Accounts is an introduction to the Harvard Chart of Accounts (CoA) course and provides a framework for understanding the basic University accounting structure. It is also recommended (but not required) that people attend this class prior to taking classes on financial systems.
- Ethics and Accountability workshop provides an understanding of your roles and responsibilities in protecting the University’s resources while promoting an environment consistent with the University’s values and objectives.
- Fraud and the Workplace workshop focuses on the impact of fraud, the characteristics of those who commit fraud and the potential indicators of fraud.
- Research Excellence in Administration at Harvard Certificate (REACH) program is an interactive and engaging cohort-based certificate program specifically designed for Harvard research administrators. Program currently has two levels: Foundations and Intermediate.
T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Visit the T.H. Chan School of Public Health website for information.
- National Council for University Research Administrators (NCURA) seminars, workshops, and conferences
- Research Administration Discussion Group (RADG) Focused quarterly discussions in Boston on current research administration topics
- Society for Research Administrators International (SRA International) seminars, workshops and conferences
- Emmanuel College Programs in Research Administration